Thursday 14 February 2008

SYW and Malburian

A few more battalions of foot take to the field. Pictured here are "Munster Regiment" of foot for the period 1700 - 1712. I have painted them for my East meets West Moldovian Campaign of 1711 but.... the OSW group have suggested that they might also be used as militia in imaginations Seven Years War!

These are also the last Malburians that I have so I will now crack on with my Seven Year War project in ernest.












Figures by Dixons Miniatures. These figures are extremely well done and very pleasant to paint. High relief means that buttons etc. can be painted easily.

Note that the drummers of this regiment wore the reverse colours.

3 comments:

Fitz-Badger said...

Absolutely, they would make great militia. Nice painting! I'm amazed these are 15mm!

Bluebear Jeff said...

Good looking figures. What manufacturer?


-- Jeff

11kilo said...

Thanks fitz-badger and bluebear jeff. I am pleased with the results of these boys. The figures are 15mm Dixon's from their Malburian range.